Two 22in Acers, or one 23in cinema

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NickolasSin, Feb 16, 2008.

1. NickolasSin macrumors member

NickolasSin

Hey again,
    Can't seem to decide between the two choices...
    The acer model I am considering two of is the Acer P223Wwd 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor (it's a while and silver one with HDCP).
    I plan on doing a lot of audio recording/editing with logic pro,
    anyone have any suggestions?
    The Cinema display is the current model, 23in and is 680$ from a friend (Only One)... the acers come out to a 520$, I don't want to go much higher than that.

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

The general consensus when this question comes up is if you need very accurate colour representation then get an ACD, if not get the cheaper option.

3. Spievy macrumors regular

I don't know about acer displays, they used to make crappy computers.

You can get a second 23" cinema display REFURBISHED from apple for $749.00

4. instant hit macrumors member

instant hit

depends on how much information you need on the desktop. iirc, the resolution on an acd is 1900x1200, versus the acer's resolution of 1680x1050. i also do a little bit of pro audio on my mac pro, and can get away with my lone 24" LG. again, if you're running many plugins, busses, etc. it would be to your benefit to have 2 monitors.

5. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I think going with 2 Acers will serve you well. Since you don't seem to need the color accuracy of the cinema monitor, the only reasons I can think of are aesthetics of your overall system, and if you plan to go into print graphics in the future.

The Acer monitors vary by model, but it sounds like you've already selected a model that you think will suit your needs. I say go for it, and get the screen real estate of the two 22" monitors. I realize Acer didn't have the greatest reputation for system building in the past, but recent reviews indicate they produce low cost, effective monitors. Perhaps you can go over to newegg.com and check out the reviews left by people who have purchased the model you're interested in. Good luck with your decision. :)

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I never recommend going with the 22" models of anything. Personally i would rather go with 20" or 23/24" as I have never seen a 22" model that has a higher resolution then a 20" So why take up the desk space when you don't get more screen real-estate. But some people might want the bigger images.

7. NickolasSin thread starter macrumors member

NickolasSin

Yeah, I really hate stretched images over larger screens... I used to have this 19in lcd that only did 1024x768, a no name brand I bought in the rush to have the biggest thinest screen. needless to say that sucked...and it died in less than 2 years. The warranty was only for one haha.
    If anyone has any idea of any monitor with a awesome resolution at an affordable price that would give me enough screen real estate to work with logic pro...please let me know

Now if I could afford two of them for 600$ or under... well... I'd be very happy!!!