Two 24" Cinema Displays with a uMBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Trimmer2, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Trimmer2 macrumors member

Is there a solution to have multiple (2-3) 24" Cinema Displays w/mini display port connected to a unibody 15" Macbook Pro?

It seems the BIG achilles heal is that "mini display port" from the display and connecting to an after market box like the Mattrox DualHead2go. This has become VERY frustrating and I may have to buy a couple of non-Apple displays as the solution! I really like my 24" displays but, NEED more real estate ESPECIALLY when running Parallels.

Thanks for your help

T

2. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

No. With mini DP, you can only get 1 monitor running (unless you use a Matrox product). Otherwise you can look into Displaylink which is a USB > DVI based solution. I use this and run triple monitors with my MBP. The USB monitor is not going to be as good as the native monitor, but it's not bad. If your'e going to be dragging stuff around a lot, then I wouldn't recommend it, but if you just want to use it as a web surfing/iTunes/Skype/iChat then it works perfectly. It can even play YouTube videos without any problems (unless you watch Full HD YouTube videos). I would recommend this, but make sure you get one that supports Full HD resolutions. Monoprice sells them for $55 (HD ones). It's a really good deal if you have extra monitors sitting around that you want to use.