Two App Screens

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by warburg, Jul 24, 2015.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

When I finish using an app and want to return to the Utility watch face that I regularly use, I press the Crown, but instead of going back to the watch face, I'm returned to a second app screen that seems to show the icons somewhat larger and with small dots next to some of them. Why does this happen, and how can I return to the watch face with one press on the Crown?

2. CellXor10 macrumors regular

To the best of my knowledge, you can't. That, or I'm drawing a blank. You can jump from the app you're using to the Watch Face by double clicking the Crown, assuming the Watch Face was your "last used app" but a single click when in an app will bring you to the app screen. Not sure what exactly you're seeing with this so-called second app screen, to be honest.

Edit: Ahh, I technically found a way that you could single click out of an app and go right to the Watch Face, though it is not really applicable to what you're asking- in that it is a very rare case scenario and would not work or be used. The scenario is: you start on your Watch Face -> you double click and are taken to your last used app. -> you single click out of that app and are taken to the Watch Face. Again, just pointing out that there is a very rare scenario where a single click would take you there. This has little to no use though for the true topic, as far as I'm concerned here.

3. warburg, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015

warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Evn when I double click the crown, I am brought back to an app screen. If I single tap the crown and then tap on the watch face icon, I go back to the watch face.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Did you turn on accessiblity or something?

5. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

6. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I have everything off under Accessibility, including the Zoom mode.

7. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

It's the Reduce Motion setting in Accessibility that you need to turn on to have all app icons appear the same size. When it's turned off, the icons resize as you scroll.

8. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that did it. Thanks.