two apps that won't open. why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by afteryouwho, Mar 23, 2010.

1. afteryouwho macrumors newbie

I have always got good advice on here, so here goes again:

I have two apps (Submerge and RoadMovie) purchased from the same developer, Bitfield.

These apps worked perfectly on Leopard. Now, on SnowLeopard they refuse to open when I click on them. :confused:

I have contacted the developer who assures me they work fine. Not true.

I have run Disk Utility permission check. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. But they refuse to open.

These are the ONLY two apps that behave like this. I find it strange that they are both from the same developer which leads me to suspect that there is something I am missing.

If anyone has any idea what is going on here, I would really like any help that is out there. :)

thanks.

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Without knowing the specifics, it's possible the developer didn't update the apps to run on SL.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just downloaded Submerge and it works on my 10.6.2 system. It's therefore not 10.6 itself that's causing the problem.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It depends on which version you're using. RoadMovie 1.9 and Submerge 1.8 are the earliest versions that are compatible with Snow Leopard.

5. afteryouwho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I can't figure out what's happening here. I have the two versions that supposedly work on SL. As nermal says, it may not be SL that's the problem.

But I don't know where to look to fix this. It doesn't make sense that just these two programs, both from the same developer, don't open on my computer.

I was hoping someone could suggest a fix. :confused:

6. martynmc7 macrumors regular

Is is possible for you to try re-downloading them? Something may have gone awry either with the download or with the upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard.