Two ATV2 On the Same Network

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by n2arkitektur, Dec 13, 2010.

1. n2arkitektur macrumors member

n2arkitektur

Is anyone aware of any issues having more than one Apple TV 2 on the same network? I have an Apple TV 2 in the living room, and I want to add a second in the master bedroom. I'm not sure how adding a second Apple TV in the Remote app works or if it works. I don't want to be controlling the living room Apple TV from the bedroom or vice versa. I'm assuming the second ATV2 will just register on the network as Apple TV (2), and I will be able to choose whether to control or to AirPlay the Apple TV or the Apple TV (2).

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Go on your appletv settings, in the general section, you should see a field to name your AppleTV, you can name them whatever (ie AppleTV LR, and AppleTV BR), where LR is living room and BR is bedroom. and thats solves that whole dilemma

Thanks
    AE

3. cdavis11 macrumors 6502

I run two without any problems.

I've got one called "Living Room Apple TV" and another called "Basement ..."

The nice thing about the move to Home Sharing is the ease of networking - you don't have to manage the boxes from Itunes, they just sit on your network and look for shared libraries.

4. hyndman macrumors member

I have the same set up with two ATV2s and an old 1st Gen ATV sitting on my network. Again, no issues whatsoever with these.

Just add your remote for the second ATV2 as described and you are up and running. :)

5. n2arkitektur thread starter macrumors member

n2arkitektur