Two Contacts/Address Books possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GovtLawyer, Mar 2, 2010.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I'd like to add a second contacts/address book, comprised only of wok related contacts. I realize I can list them all in the original book and then add a group called work. However, I'd prefer to keep them completely separated from my other contacts. Anyway I can do that? Also, if I can do it, will the effort be duplicated on my iPhone?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Even if you could keep two address books, I doubt you'd be able to sync both to your phone. Using the group method is definitely more efficient.

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

You can set up a separate user account for your work data. However, you would only be able to sync one of the accounts with your iPhone.

4. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

In Address Book if you select the plus button (Bottom left) you can create a new group, you can then drag in all your work contacts into that group and you can do the same for family friends etc... Your iPhone is able to read the different groups. Its quite handy and works well, pretty much the same effect you are going for I think.

What is good about this system is that if you forget if a contact is in a work group or family group all the contacts are "backed up" in the "All Contacts" group.

Hope this helps ;)

5. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

Well, it looks like the answer is NO. I suspected that. I'll just have to do groups.