Two contacts combined?!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Lukkee24, May 3, 2015.

1. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Ok so basically, a few hours ago I used Siri and said 'tell mum .. [message]'.

Then a few moments ago I got a reply from my friend.. turns out he had received that message! I was then looking for the thread/conversation with my mum on my phone, only to realise it's no longer there. When I used the compose message button instead and selected her number, it opened up the conversation with my friend.

I then tried sending a message (to my mum) from my iPad instead, and after doing so I then looked at my phone to see that it had come up in the middle of a conversation with my friend.

I then tried to call my mum. I'm on O2 and usually before it starts calling it'll say 'free call' to indicate it's using my inclusive minutes, but this time it said 'bundle call' - I then ended it before it began calling.

I'm not sure what has happened and couldn't find anything after a quick search, but it seems as though two contacts have annoyingly been combined?! Has anyone got any idea how this would have happened, how to resolve it, or experienced this for yourself?

Also just to clarify; my mum does not have iMessage but my friend does. Both my iPhone and iPad are on the latest (excluding any beta) version of iOS.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you checked your friends contact info to see if her numbers been saved in there?

3. Lukkee24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I've had a look at both of their contact info, and none of them overlap. I've also not changed any of their details recently.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. Lukkee24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, problem still persists :(. I've also tried turning iMessage off on all devices, but still when I call either of them it says 'Bundle Call'. I've sent an email to O2 to see if it's perhaps a problem on their end :confused:.

6. Lukkee24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, turns out it's supposed to now say 'Bundle Call' - I mistakenly thought it meant it was calling both of them at once, but actually it's because my plan with O2 was changed to a 'Big Bundle'!

As for the messages combining.. I deleted all threads/conversations with them both of them from all my devices, re-activated iMessage, and removed and re-added their numbers - and it seems to be working ok now! :D