Two days till the polic academy!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furryrabidbunny, Apr 14, 2007.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I'm a tad nervous, feels like the whole first day of college thing all over again. I'm moving out in about five hours into a hotel room for five months. I find it kinda sad that I was able to pack five months worth of stuff into two bags. I'm not moving too far, but it still sucks, I'll be about forty miles away from friends and family, including a very attractive young woman I just hit it off with about two weeks ago.

I'm feeling a lot better about it then I was about four months ago when I posted a thread asking for people's experiences through it. That long ago, I could barely run a mile and work out, now I"m doing 5ks for fun and such. I just need to vent my nerves, no one is home at my house and all my friends are at work. I'm heading to see the aqua teen movie in about two hours to loosen up and unwind(with that attractive girl).

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I love those movies. I think you'll enjoy it.

3. wongulous macrumors 6502a

4. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

5. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Thanks

Should be okay. I suck on sound effects, but I don't think my Sgt. would like sound effects too much. I just did a second physical test to keep my job, they do it to make sure you are ready for the academy. The guys i'm in with are really nice. My 1.5 mile time was 13:36, kinda sucked, but I was running and yelling at this guy that kept stopping and walking, trying to push him. Good times, made a friend.

6. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I couldn't drive 1.5 miles in 13:36 :p
    Not really, but you get my point. PT sucks :)
    Good luck.

7. adk macrumors 68000

adk

If they ever have the class get tasered to see what it feels like, my advice is for you to go first. My friend was in the Academy and didn't want to get tasered (it was voluntary) but when he was the only one left who hadn't, he of course stepped in (can't really go around with the reputation as the guy who didn't get tasered). The problem was that each cadet felt the compulsion to try and get tased for longer durations than the preceding cadet... The first guy got a half second jolt, my friend kevin got 2.5 seconds.....

8. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Really? Normally it's like 5 seconds.

9. adk macrumors 68000

adk

obviously I don't remember the exact numbers from a conversation I had two years ago, I just figured my point would get across just fine so long as A < B.