Two days without the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shk718, Jun 17, 2009.

1. shk718 macrumors 65816

So how many of you sold your old iPhone in order to buy the new one. And are now using one of your old ones?

i did and for the past two days have been using my old samsung black jack. you don't realize how good the iphone is until you use something else. it is superior in every way. i'm using the blackjack and an old ipod nano to replace my iphone. the blackjack is useful only for making calls - everything else on it sucks - web surfing is useless - emailing is bad - music playback is horrible.

i miss my iphone - friday can't come quick enough for me.

2. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

Dont even complain to me .. i have been without my iphone for over a week..

and yes you really dont know what you have till its gone

i miss it sooo much... it my life so much easier

3. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

I sold my iPhone 2G the day after the WWDC announcement, so have been without one since then. At the moment im using an old nokia 8210 and my nans ipod shuffle. TBH hasnt been as bad as I thought not having an iPhone, but still cant wait till Friday.

4. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Mine was in repair for TWO WEEKS
    God it was almost as bad as the MONTH I had without my Mac...

5. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

Agreed, I've been without mine for almost 2 weeks!

6. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

wow - two weeks - thats a really long time. i keep reaching for my phone to get some bit of information and suddenly realize i can't get it - or - it will take me so long to get it that its not worth the effort. so many people have complained about the iphone virtual keyboard - well let me tell you - the blackjack has a blackberry type keyboard and i'm considerably slower on it. once i learned to trust apples i sped up quickly.

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I never got a chance to sell my iPhone. In an effort to make it more 'appealing' to a potential buyer, I tried to replace the semi-scuffed back covering on the phone with a new back cover I ordered. Chaos ensued, and now the earpiece speaker and proximity sensors are broken. I am stuck using speakerphone for calls now, which sucks because you need to be careful about who you are talking to when others are around.

8. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

thats sucks man - and the sad part it you really don't need to do that - just tell them the back has normal wear and tear and they don't seem to care.

9. azsprty macrumors 6502

Yea I sold mine last thursday for the 3g and an DYING...i never thought being without a phone would be a big deal. Whoever thought Friday, 5 am could not come quicker?

10. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Sold mine on the 8th, right after the keynote. Somehow I got my wife to agree to let me use her 3G for the past week until the 3G s is released :D

11. Ronald Lewis macrumors newbie

Ronald Lewis

Hilarious. I sold my iPhone 3G 16G six days ago. I can tell you that I'm not nearly as productive on the go without it. I'm looking forward to picking up my 3GS on Friday.

12. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Mine will sell today and I don't think I can ship it out until Friday. I don't even know what I would do without my iPhone.

I think we have a few cheap pay as you go flip phones downstairs but I don't even think I can use that right now. haha

13. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I actually loved my Blackjack that I had (to the OP)...

14. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

i sold my iPhone right after WWDC too, i miss it everyday. :(

15. tvp macrumors member

How much are you guys selling your phones for? I've had mine on ebay for almost a week now with no bids and only one watcher. It's a 3G 16gb in white.

16. analytical44 macrumors regular

Haha I sold mine last night and have done this 4 times so far. It serves so many functions, just a reminder of how revolutionary this device really is. Friday will be here soon enough though, a couple days isn't so bad.

17. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Mine has been gone for about a week. I am in misery! I miss it so much. Cant wait till Friday.

I sold mine right after WWDC for $400.

18. analytical44 macrumors regular

I sold my 8GB for $275. Most listings I've seen for the 16 GB have been between $300 and $375 (USD)

19. fishballer macrumors member

i lost my phone end of may during my galapagos trip, so there, i win.

20. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Yeah, it didn't even look bad (or I should say doesn't look bad since I never completed the repair). But I am the kind of person who wants to make sure everything is perfect for the buyer, because when I sell the person something (over craigslist), I want to make sure I am giving them the best deal I can, and use the same standards as I would expect when buying something myself. Just tried to go that extra 'mile' to make the buyer happy.

21. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

16gb black, $400 buy it now.

22. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

humm... i smell new furniture coming to your house soon.

23. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I sold my 16GB Black with AppleCare for $550 a week before the developers conference. I sold it prior to the conference anticipating a better profit. I think I was right as the prices have come down a lot since then. It's been longer than I thought. Friday can't get here soon enough.

24. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

they don't start bidding on ebay until the last day or two. i only did a 4 day auction because of this - nothing happened on the first 2 days - then the bids started comming. $355.00

25. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

lg vu

i sold my old 3G monday for 400 bucks!!! i am borrowing a friends LG VU. They suck!!! the internet is HORRIBLE and the phone is so unreliable. I am going to camp out tomorrow so i cant wait!