Two dead pixels on my imac screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gadgetgirl85, Sep 2, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I've had my iMac for 4th months now and I have 2 dead pixels. Would Apple do anything about it if I rang up to complain?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I doubt it - I believe their dead pixel policy is well above two.

That said, it never hurts to try. Good luck!

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Why not just call them up and find out. Doesn't hurt to try does it.

As far as I know, apple doesn't have a written policy about this (or at least, not a public one). Anecdotally, they seem to accept a few dead pixels as part of the normal manufacturing process. I've herad less than three on some occasions, less than 5, and other numbers than that as well. It also makes a difference (again anecdotally) if the pixels are close together or near the center of the screen.

Again though, just call them up and find out.

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

As the other two guys said give it a try.
    My first MBP had a dead pixel on the second day of use.It was very annoying and when i called them they said that having 5-6 pixels is normal.After that they may change your screen but only after 5-6 dead pixels.

If they don't fix it,try some apps that they claim to fix stuck pixels.They may not be dead.

Give it a try. Nothing to loose.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

As the previous posters said, just give it a try. sometimes they are really nice abd will repair the screen. also a few apps (some widgets) will flahs colors really fast on the dead pixel and maybe, with luck, it will start working again.

6. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Are they dead, or just stuck?

You can try to gently massage the screen with your fingertip. This sometimes will help to "unstick" pixels. I've done it on my Apple Cinema & Studio displays, and my PowerBooks and MacBook, and it usually works. The key is to work it very gently, increasing the pressure until you see a slight color change where your finger touches the screen. The amount of pressure varies according to the construction of the screen.

Might be worth a try.

:apple::apple:

7. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I THINK Apple does 8 pixels for a repair...not too sure.