Two Developer folders...can I delete one?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Jaace, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Jaace macrumors newbie

Since upgrading to OSX Lion, I've needed to upgrade the Developer XCode tools as well. I hadn't noticed this until just recently, and upgraded the tools awhile ago. I have two folders now in my HD root: Developer and Developer-3.2.2.

I'm assuming that 3.2.2 is the latest version installed but I'm not sure if I can simply delete the other one without implications. I have Ruby running on my system and it's using XCode for things so I need to be sure that I can delete the older one.

Developer 3.2.2 is taking up 7.73 Gigs and the Developer folder is 7.23...so you can see why this is a problem D:

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Xcode 4.2 is the latest version, and that 3.2.2 folder should be the old one. You should be able to safely delete it without problems. You can test that by simply moving it to the Trash (without emptying the trash) and then launching the programs that would need it there. If they work, then you can go ahead and empty the trash and get rid of the folder permanently.

jW

3. Jaace thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Mal, I will try that! I guess I also need to upgrade them anyway since 3.2.2 is the latest I've got.