Resolved Two different events for each ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Truefan31, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Wouldn't it make more sense? One for 5th gen ipad (hopefully soon) and one for the 2nd gen ipad mini? Guess I'm just wishful thinking that something gets released soon.

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

If there are two events, it will be one for iPhone (September) and one for iPads (November). Personally I'd like to see them have one event in October for both, but I understand the business reasons for wanting to split them out.

3. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

For Apple it makes tons of sense but for customers it sucks. Sale the iPad 5 first at $500 minimum and then 2 months later come out with a retina display iPad mini. That will make a whole lot of people have second thoughts on their purchase or people will buy both. If Apple releases both at the same time the iPad mini would destroy the full size more expensive iPad.

4. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think bring out the full size ipad first around august, gives about 3 months until the ipad mini comes in november, ipad mini would become a great holiday gift.

5. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Think of it this way:

Day 1:Apple releases ios 7 final version with ipad and some other stuff like iPhone and all that cool crap.

Day 2: Apple releases an ipad mini, their script would be basically this for the whole keynote: "Ummmm...yea...same screen size...slightly better processor......and oh yeah retina. Goodbye and thank you for wasting hours for a 1 minute presentation"