Resolved Two different events for each ipad?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Wouldn't it make more sense? One for 5th gen ipad (hopefully soon) and one for the 2nd gen ipad mini? Guess I'm just wishful thinking that something gets released soon.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
If there are two events, it will be one for iPhone (September) and one for iPads (November). Personally I'd like to see them have one event in October for both, but I understand the business reasons for wanting to split them out.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
For Apple it makes tons of sense but for customers it sucks. Sale the iPad 5 first at $500 minimum and then 2 months later come out with a retina display iPad mini. That will make a whole lot of people have second thoughts on their purchase or people will buy both. If Apple releases both at the same time the iPad mini would destroy the full size more expensive iPad.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
For Apple it makes tons of sense but for customers it sucks. Sale the iPad 5 first at $500 minimum and then 2 months later come out with a retina display iPad mini. That will make a whole lot of people have second thoughts on their purchase or people will buy both. If Apple releases both at the same time the iPad mini would destroy the full size more expensive iPad.

I think bring out the full size ipad first around august, gives about 3 months until the ipad mini comes in november, ipad mini would become a great holiday gift.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Think of it this way:

Day 1:Apple releases ios 7 final version with ipad and some other stuff like iPhone and all that cool crap.

Day 2: Apple releases an ipad mini, their script would be basically this for the whole keynote: "Ummmm...yea...same screen size...slightly better processor......and oh yeah retina. Goodbye and thank you for wasting hours for a 1 minute presentation"