two disabled fonts folders?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zoran, Feb 22, 2012.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Why are there two inside the Library folder?

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure where the Fonts_Disabled folder came from, but the other one is the default. Is there anything in it? If so, I'd move them to the "Fonts Disabled" folder and then delete the "Fonts_Disabled" folder.

Did you by any chance upgrade this Mac from an earlier version of Mac OS X, such as Tiger?

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

no to be frank these folders appear on both freshly installed Leopard and Tiger! strange?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's certainly not normal. Freshly installed, how? The Fonts_Disabled folder does not appear on a non-upgraded Leopard or Snow Leopard Mac.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

wait, now im confused, let me check tomorrow and ill get back to the subject!

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

yup on both Tiger or Leopard -that were not updated from previous osx- those two folders exist. of course other apps are installed in both of those configurations

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's strange. I'm posting on an Early 2008 MBP that came native with Leopard and has never been reinstalled... only regular Software Updates applied... and that folder doesn't exist. The same is true for another Mac that came native with Snow Leopard. I'd still move everything from the Fonts_Disabled folder to the "Fonts Disabled" folder and then delete the empty folder. Open Font Book and make sure everything is OK before emptying the trash.

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Font Book is used to manage fonts on your computer, including validating fonts (to make sure they're working properly) and disabling or removing fonts that aren't. You can use Font Book's Help feature for more information.