Two displays - Secondary wakes before primary

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macman21, Apr 13, 2009.

1. macman21 macrumors newbie

I have a 2.26 MP with the ATI card. My primary display is an HP 2475w, my secondary is some Samsung 19 inch widescreen. I love the HP display, but it seems to be slow waking from standby. Slow enough that every once in a while after waking my MP from sleep, the Samsung becomes the primary display. This is a huge annoyance because it moves and resizes all of my windows to fit on the smaller Samsung. Any ideas on how I could prevent this from happening? Maybe I could somehow tell OS X to never ever use the Samsung as the primary display, and instead wait for the HP to come up?

Thanks!

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

My LP2475w is a bit sluggish waking up from standby, too.

I'm not sure if there's really anything you can do on the OS X side, but there are a couple of things you can do in the display's setup menu (in the Video Input Control menu) to make waking it up a bit faster:

1. Set the Default Video Input to whatever signal the graphics card is feeding the display (for you, this would presumably be DVI-1).

2. Turn Auto-Detect Input and Auto-Switch Input off.

3. macman21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions CaptainChunk. I'll give them a shot when I get home. If I still have issues, I suppose I could press a button on the LP2475w to wake it before I wake the MP.