Two drives on new MBPs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NJPitcher, Jan 20, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

no, unless they greatly reduce the logic board size, if you've never looked inside a mbp case there is NO room everything barely fits as it is

2. nslyax macrumors regular

Sounds more like the author wishes this would happen than has any information pointing to it. Besides, the only way 2x drives would fit, is if you used 1.8" drives rather than the 2.5" in a MBP now. The 1.8" being physically smaller limits its maximum size, so two of the largest 1.8" drives out (120 gig?) would still be less than one 2.5" drive (up to 320 gig).

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

That post has as much legitimacy as any thread in this forum: none whatsoever.

4. RHD macrumors 6502

5. Cleve macrumors regular

6. nslyax macrumors regular

True, I missed that. That does make more sense.

I guess my "guy who doesn't have any new information and is just guessing and saying what he wants" detector went off as I read the article, and I started skimming. It has been a little overused this past month.

7. DocSmitty macrumors regular

I think you were right the first time - there's no new info here, just another rehash of the first 5 pages of threads on macrumors ;) The two drive concept I have seen before as well.. I forget if it was on these forums or another blog/ssd review.