Two factor authentication iOS 9.3

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by whsbuss, Mar 22, 2016.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

One of my family members has an iPad air 2 and iPhone 6 on the AppleID. We use the family plan with me as the owner and the other as an adult. My ID authenticated 2FA easily with no issues (iPhone and Macbook).

After disabling 2SA on the ID, 2FA was available on the two devices. However when trying to enable here are the message I get:

- Some of your devices are not ready for 2FA (I choose Turn on Anyway, then continue)
    - A valid credit card on file is recommended for 2FA (I did not choose the continue)

When logged into appleid.apple.com I do see the family credit card listed for that ID.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

UPDATE:

Worked with Apple Support on this. Basically when you are not the organizer/owner of the family plan in iTunes all the other members will get similar warnings with 2FA setup.

Apple said they will probably have to update their support website to indicate this could be an issue with family plan. Anyway, just continue/turn on anyway for both warnings and you're good to go.