Two-Factor Verification

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by PowerBook-G5, Jun 9, 2015.

1. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

I know that two-factor was mentioned during the Keynote and on Apple's website, but neither source specified if it worked for iMessage/FaceTime in iOS 9. So, could someone with the beta check to see if two-factor for iMessage and FaceTime is supported in iOS 9? I really hope it is.

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Two-factor authentication
    A password alone is not always enough to keep your account secure. With two-factor authentication, when you sign in from a new browser or on a new device, you’ll be prompted for a verification code. This code is automatically displayed on your other Apple devices or sent to your phone. Enter the code and you’re quickly signed in — and any unauthorized users are kept out.

3. PowerBook-G5 thread starter macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

Yes, I read that paragraph from Apple's iOS 9 Beta website, but I'm still confused about it. Does signing in with Two-Factor once sign into iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, etc, without having to use app-specific passwords for iMessage and FaceTime?

4. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I hope so, because it's absolutely silly to have app specific passwords for baked in apps.

5. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

It looks to me like it replaces the app-specific passwords. I think App-specific passwords was a rushed project, it's very messy. The new way looks like it's the same thing that happens when you sign into appleid.apple.com.