Two features 3.0 Should Have

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ercanbas, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ercanbas macrumors regular

Two features I think are manditory that I don't think have been listed:

1. The ability to cancel a text while it is sending so in case I am trying to curse someone out I can cancel the message before calling them a 'ducking ass'.

2. Hiding apps that I don't normally use such as 'Stocks' and 'Weather'.

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I would love this. And these are 2 apps that I would definitely hide as I use 3rd party apps that offer much more.

3. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

3. the ability to turn off landscape texting... so if i lay down in bed my keyboard doesnt turn sideways while im texting!! just like damn coverflow coming on in the ipod app while browsing music.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

4. Like 3, the ability to turn off landscape in Safari.

5. ercanbas thread starter macrumors regular

Totally agree with this one! I think this could be easily solved by implementing a feature where if you have a finger anywhere on the screen and turn the phone, it will disable it from going to landscape mode.

6. ercanbas thread starter macrumors regular

Agree, I never open Stocks and the Weather Channel app is far superior to the generic Weather app.

7. jcostaman macrumors member

jcostaman

Folders would be good, but something innovative and not boring like apple does best. I just hate having 11 pages of apps. that why now I only have two. Something creative like the dock would be nice

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

So was it the scrolling through 11 pages of apps that caused you to cut it down to 2? Or, did you just realize that 11 pages is ridiculous and you hardly ever used any of the apps? ;)

As for the landscape screen, every app on the iPhone (native or 3rd party) should come with the ability to lock the screen in a particular orientation.

9. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

10. spikedfo macrumors regular

+1
    I always send the unfinished SMS. :(

11. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

One possibility is that the message bubble appears as soon as "send" is pressed, but the bubble is dim with a progress bar or progress circle until it is sent, at which time the bubble would turn to normal. Perhaps you could tap on the message bubble to cancel. That would be more appropriate and elegant solution than the current 3.0 method: having the progress bar replace the title bar. It would also clearly show which messages are still being sent if more than one unique message is queued up to be sent at one time.

Also, if 3.0 doesn't already include such features:
    -It would be nice if messages sent as group messages would also appear in the individual logs for each person in the group (perhaps with a group icon next to it to show that it was sent as a part of a group message).
    -Forwarded messages should feature a forward arrow.
    -The time stamps for every message should be displayed (perhaps this would be offered as a setting)
    -Character counter with used/allowed and remaining displayed (again, as setting)
    -A way to quickly reply to incoming messages from any application, like this:
    [​IMG]
    -A way to access predefined messages like "in a meeting", "call you later", etc.
    -Emoji enabled by default... and with text translation for common graphics like : ), it would automatically turn graphics into the most appropriate emoji (again, as a setting)
    -A way to choose whether incoming messages should vibrate, make a sound, or both AND a way to make a custom sound in GarageBand (up to 10 seconds) and sync it with the phone as a "message tone"

12. gothamm macrumors 6502a

yeah...the option to turn off coverflow would be welcome. I imagine that the it uses a lot of processing power, and that power can be better used to make the ipod application lag free...as an option of course.

13. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

Tapping the bottom of te page to bring you to the end...

14. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

good idea imo

15. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I completly agree with #1. I accidently sent a text that said "fuc> you, ass" to my mom the other day. Bad news.

16. the-sandman macrumors regular

the-sandman

Oh dear, that could have been the one time 'correcting' it to duck you would have been handy.

I agree a way to cancel the message would be great, the amount of times i've sent half a message or sent it with a 'correction' that i didn't want.

17. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I saw some screen shot allowing for this. I think it was part of the parental controls.

18. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

A task list with actual alarms that remind you your task is due, and continue to remind you until you've completed it.

19. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

20. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Ive realized that if im quick enough, I can respring my phone using SBsettings and cancel a message sending :).

21. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Coverflow is the most pointless thing ever...it's pretty and not much else. I think Apple should change it to where it only activates while in the "Albums" section of the iPod.
    Agreed. This is long overdue.

22. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

and when you remove your finger?

23. ercanbas thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing, just place a finger anywhere, rotate the phone and release!

24. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

I totally agree to the OP's ideas 100%.

25. The General macrumors 601

All I want is for the Clock and Weather icons to show the actual time and the actual weather. Oh, and maybe have the weather app find your location and have a slide for that.