Two Finger Swipe Does Not Work on MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tech324, Jul 29, 2011.

1. tech324 macrumors 6502

I have the new MBA and the two finger swipe back to return to the last web page you visit does not work in any browser except Safari. I installed the latest Chrome and Firefox and the two finger swipe only works in Safari. Anyone else have this issue?

I have a 2011 MBA 13 inch (with Lion of course)

2. iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

I only use safari but I've heard that it's 4 finger swipe with firefox.

3. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

When I use four fingers, it just swaps desktops like three fingers does. Four fingers doesn't appear to work in my firefox or Chrome.

This worked fine in Snow Leopard. I had a 2011 MBP and the two finger swipe in Chrome worked fine.

4. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Yes.. but the Typing wit 2 fingers does :)

I think that function is available only for Safari at this time.

I have heard somewhere on these forums that on a certain version of FFox it is working... But I apologise, I dismiss those posts with utter disgust as I am Safari user :D (just kidding, I can not remember exactly what post, but I am sure it was on this forum, i.e. MBA, in the last 2 days or so)..

Also, apparently Chrome boys and girls are working on the function as we speak (although I also can not remember where I heard that, and have no proof, I expect you to believe me, because... how would you dare not to?! :D).

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Software devs are scrambling to update their applications.

The Chrome team has added two finger swipe to their latest dev build and Microsoft said they are working to bring autosave, resume, and versioning to Office as soon as possible.

Patience is a virtue.

6. DeusInvictus7, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Changing desktops is either three or four, it can't be both. For me, if I have Spaces set for 3 fingers, then Firefox will be 4. If Spaces is 4 fingers, then Firefox is 3.

This is what my gestures settings look like:

Attached Files:

7. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought the setting would be at the OS level but I can understand if Firefox or Chrome has to implement it with Lion. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

8. smokedog macrumors regular

Just use BetterTouchTool, I've been using it for years.