Two-Finger Swipe On Chrome?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ghsNick, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Ok...so I LOVE inverted (natural) scrolling.

I have 1 problem with it.

I can't two finger swipe in Chrome.

If I switch it to three fingers it's not inverted swiping (like it should be).

If up is now down. And down is now up. When I swipe right it should take me BACK a page. And when I swipe left it should take me FORWARD a page.

Right now chrome only supports swiping left takes you back a page and swiping right takes you forward...which can get confusing when the two finger feature underlined works fine in Safari.

Will Chrome fix this? Is anyone else having this problem?

2. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Is this a problem for anyone else?
    Is it me...or Chrome?

3. shanew21 macrumors regular

It's Chrome. You have to change one of the trackpad settings to get it back to how it was in SL.

Meanwhile I'm using Safari until Chrome updates to be Lion compatible. I love Chrome but in order to justify my $30 purchase I need to visually see Lion's new features as much as possible :p

4. John Mang macrumors member

I get what you're trying to say, and no you cannot do that (as of now). What you can do is download an app called Bettertouchtool, which allows to make custom gestures. So you can do it from there.

I also was very irritated with this omission. It felt very out of place.

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Thanks guys.
    So does Chrome automatically alert me when they update everything? Or how do I check to see when it gets updated?

And another thing...two finger tap to zoom isn't working with Chrome either, right?

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

7. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Yeah, apparently the only gesture that works is 3 finger swipes, but that's not on by default in Lion. Full screen mode in Chrome is also completely broken. I hate being forced to use an inferior browser, so I hope Google fixes it soon. It's not like they didn't know for months that it had issues. I can see error reports from way back in April stating all of this.

8. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

9. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

What would the setting be? two or three finger swipe left/right doesnt do anything when set to "prev or next" and I dont see anything else it could be.

10. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm just gonna settle right now...this is a Chrome problem.
    Do they update their stuff normally? Or should I expect this to be messed up for a little while until they fix it?

11. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

12. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

But Chrome doesn't let you "Naturally" swipe back and forth.
    And when I say naturally, I mean when you swipe right it should take you back a page (but it takes you forward)...etc.

And, two finger tap doesn't zoom on Chrome.

13. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

This will prob have to wait for a Chrome update then :(

14. theman510 macrumors 6502

Please let us know how it goes with the Magic Mouse. I've been playing around with all the gesture settings and can't seem to get the page back/forward to work in Chrome with two-finger swipes (hell, any swipes at all) when using the mouse. It works with the trackpad, but not the mouse.