Two Gamepads on my Mac.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GimmeSlack12, Aug 29, 2007.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Ugh, I've tried to avoid it but here I am again hoping that for some reason I have missed a possible solution to using multiple gamepads on my Mac.

USB Overdrive is wonderful, excellent, fantastic. BUT doesn't support multiple controllers.

Gamepad Companion does two controllers fine. BUT doesn't switch key mapping when changing programs. And overall the interface bugs me.

I've tried a combination of the two but USB overdrive, overtakes everything.
    Some background. I am using the Nestopia, and SNES9x emulators. And its important to switch key mapping from each program. This is all running on my living room Mini media center and I do not want to have to control the game select screen with my iBook via Remote desktop. I had a perfect setup for one player with switching programs and opening games via different button presses on the single gamepad and Quicksilver triggers to run the button presses. Eventually my roomates kept bugging for two players and now I'm left with a very unelegant solution to turning on games.

Is there any other ideas for getting two players working with gamepads. I am willing to go to extreme solutions to get this working.

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Try ControllerMate. It will let you customize any HID device for "any" program and it fully supports application switching. I use it to activate the other buttons on my joystick, since DOSBox only supports 2 right now. I also use it to make my SpaceTraveler work in programs besides Maya.

Anyway, give it a try. I've never had two gamepads plugged into it, but I'm pretty sure it will handle it. It's easily one of the most usefully utility apps I've come across. It gives me better control over my SpaceTravler than 3D Conexion's recent Mac drivers.

<]=)

3. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Oh man! Thank you for this suggestion JackAxe I very much look forward to putting it to work on my Mini.