Two hard resets already

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender999, Oct 18, 2011.

1. bender999 macrumors newbie

I got my 4S on Friday and already I've had to hard reset the device twice.

First time after I woke up this morning and it wouldn't turn on. There was a feint Apple-type "thinking circle" in the display - you could barely see it. After not be able to do anything with it, I plugged it in for about an hour. I think it was receiving a charge because the phone was slightly warm after that hour. So I took it to the Apple store and the greeter showed me hard to do a hard reset.

Second time just now when I was playing a game app, and it got very stuck. The only thing I could do was lock the screen. Then after that, the only thing I could do was do the hard reset. I couldn't get back in or even turn it off.

Anyone else? iOS 5 bugs? Or 4S hardware?

Don't like it. :(

32GB iPhone 4S

2. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

With mine, any time I charge it, an hour later after I take it off the charger, it'll just completely die. It obviously has battery life, so I have to do a hard reset every time. First time I found it, I thought it was DOA since it wouldn't respond to anything and it happened the second day I had it.

Have an appointment at the Apple Store tomorrow to see what's going on.

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

Sounds like hardware issues for the both of you. Get a replacement.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Got to be a hardware isse as I have never had to reset my iPhone 4 or 4S.:confused: