Two hard resets already

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender999, Oct 18, 2011.

1. bender999 macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2010
    I got my 4S on Friday and already I've had to hard reset the device twice.

First time after I woke up this morning and it wouldn't turn on. There was a feint Apple-type "thinking circle" in the display - you could barely see it. After not be able to do anything with it, I plugged it in for about an hour. I think it was receiving a charge because the phone was slightly warm after that hour. So I took it to the Apple store and the greeter showed me hard to do a hard reset.

Second time just now when I was playing a game app, and it got very stuck. The only thing I could do was lock the screen. Then after that, the only thing I could do was do the hard reset. I couldn't get back in or even turn it off.

Anyone else? iOS 5 bugs? Or 4S hardware?

Don't like it. :(

32GB iPhone 4S
  2. Danno21 macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2011
    With mine, any time I charge it, an hour later after I take it off the charger, it'll just completely die. It obviously has battery life, so I have to do a hard reset every time. First time I found it, I thought it was DOA since it wouldn't respond to anything and it happened the second day I had it.

Have an appointment at the Apple Store tomorrow to see what's going on.
  3. ZipZap macrumors 603

Dec 14, 2007
    Sounds like hardware issues for the both of you. Get a replacement.
  4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Apr 30, 2010
    Got to be a hardware isse as I have never had to reset my iPhone 4 or 4S.:confused: