Two Hardware Questions [42MM Sport Space Gray]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tidalwav1, May 19, 2015.

1. tidalwav1 macrumors newbie

I finally received my Apple Watch yesterday and have been enjoying it so far, but there are two things I've noticed about the hardware which I'm looking for clarification on:

1) Pushing the digital crown button seems more difficult than it should be, right out of the box. It almost seems mushy/sticky, but only when pushing it like a button -- it does spin smoothly. This makes it difficult to double-push the digital crown. Half the time it sticks after the first press, preventing the second press from being registered. Is that normal? I tried out a coworker's 42MM SS and the digital crown button push felt less sticky to me.

2) Even with the "prominent haptic" setting disabled, haptic feedback from notifications seem to be delivered as two pulses rather than one; a weak pulse and then a stronger one ("baBUMP"). I wasn't expecting that -- is that normal? Playing with the "haptic strength" slider in the settings does result in a single haptic bump, as expected.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

1. you can run the watch under warm water if the crown is dirty it should get unstuck/unmushy. I run my watch under running water once per day after a sweaty day or after exercise.

2. The taptic engine feels like someone tapping your wrist. It's not a vibrate but more of a tap? You may not be used to it.

3. tidalwav1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that, I meant that incoming notifications seem to feel like TWO taps; a weaker one and then a stronger one immediately after it. Maybe that's how it's supposed to work and I'm just not used to it, like you said?