Two independent images.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cleberport, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Cleberport macrumors newbie

First, thank you macrumors helping me for all these years. I never need made a register cause always find the answer, but for this question not.

I just need generate 2 independent images from 1 Macbook pro.
    I don't want split my screen, I don't want 2 or 3 monitors, I just want generate 2 or more independent images from independent outputs. Something like a adapter...

I need send a movie to a plasma TV in one room, and another movie two another LCD TV in another room, from one macbook pro.

Is that possible?
    Thank you!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Even with a matrox dualhead2go the latency will be too big for a movie, what you're asking is not possible to my knowledge.

Edit: Perhaps with 2 Apple TV's, one plugged into each of your TV's?

3. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Your best bet would be to connect the MBP directly to one TV via an HDMI adapter, and then use an AppleTV, Xbox 360 or PS3 with the other TV and stream content to that device from your MBP.

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

What you need is not 2 displays attached to your MBP but just some streaming clients like an Apple TV.
    Attach those to your TV and via Wireless you can stream any movie/music that you want to the TV.

Attaching the Displays would require either daisy chaining (which your TV definitely won't support and if the cables would be too long and expensive) or external GPUs but that is a slow and inconvenient soltution.
    If you need it to stream movies and not do anything else a streaming client is the only reasonable way to go at it.