Two inputs on the Audioengine A2s

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by spaceballl, Feb 21, 2010.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

For those of you who have the A2s, have you ever had something plugged into both A2 inputs? I'd like to have my computer plugged into one and my squeezebox into another. They won't ever play at the same time, but I want it to play audio out of whichever is on... anyone tried this out? Thanks!

2. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Bueller? I know a lot of people here use the Audioengine A2s.... :rolleyes:

3. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I don't have any experience with these, but I took a look at the Setup Guide. It states "Two audio sources may be connected into the speakers at the same time. We recommend using the volume control on each audio source to adjust the overall volume."

The way I read that is that they are mixing the two sources together, as opposed to some kind of selection. In other words, if both sources were active, I think you'll hear both out of the speakers. Since you don't plan to have both sources on at the same time, I would think these should do what you want just fine.

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I have the A5's and like the previous poster note, it's two sources being played at the same time. There is no switch. Even if one source is not playing, you might get an annoying hiss being passed through.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Fantastic. I don't plan on running both audio sources at the same time so this will work just fine for me!