two insanely annoying things I cannot figure out!! Can someone help me?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xenotaku, Nov 2, 2007.

1. xenotaku macrumors regular

Ok, so I have an applications stack. When I install a new application. Can I just drag it to the stack? Or do I need to drag it to the root application folder in my HD?

Second, every time I install an application when it shows up automatically in my stack, it is not the correct icon and has a crossout thing in front of the icon. It still works, but it doesn't have the right icon. I have to drag it out of the stack, into the desktop, and then drag it back to the stack...seriously annoying.

Lastly, what is with this warning everytime I run a new program saying "you downloaded this from the internet, are you sure you want to run this......" how the hell do I turn that crap off, I can't find the option.

2. Celeron macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know this also.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

ok i know that you can drop an app into the apps folder stack. the stack is just a folder and its even a spring folder.

i would like to know the answers to the second two also

4. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

sweet, im glad im not alone on these. Anyone able to answer the 3 questions?

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Even though it's been answered, yes, drag to the stack all you wish.

About the icon...I suspect that the stacks don't update as quickly as a window would. It needs to reload the icons again before the new icon takes hold.

As for the third question...I don't think you can turn it off. There are no options as far as I can tell.

6. hh83917 macrumors 6502

On the third question, wasn't there an option to "Do not show this again" when that warning popped up?

7. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Stacks can be slow to update. Restarting the dock will fix the icon problem immediately. I imagine this will be fixed in an update.

As for the popup warning, its a new security feature in Leopard for downloaded applications. I don't think there is a way to turn it off. I'm sure someone will uncover it soon enough though.

-Kevin

8. reubs macrumors 68000

So let me get this straight...after all of the complaining about Vista's security warnings Leopard gives a nag box every time you try to run something that you've DLed from the Internet? That's convenient.

9. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

Seriously, I feel like I'm using windows.

10. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Geez. It's just a different placement of Tiger's DL warning. Tiger's would ask you before it started downloading. That was more annoying, because you might have already switched to a new window and not seen it. Now you can't miss it because it happens one time the first time you launch an app.

11. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

it really isnt that annoying,
    it could be exactly like windows, where your whole screen darkens and it asks you to confirm every click you make! :eek:

12. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

Tiger gave the option to turn off those warnings :) Which I did, A long long time ago.

13. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Thats exactly what I thought lol. I wish there was a way to turn it off!