Two iPad Purchases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lady Arwen, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Lady Arwen macrumors member

Okay, I was originally going to order online, but now things are up in the air. My mom and I are both getting iPad 2s. I have two questions.
    1. If we both arrive at around 3:30 at a Cleveland Apple Store, do you think we will be able to get iPads? I want a 64 GB wifi black, and she probably wants a 32/64 GB 3G black iPad.
    2. If we fail to get iPads, order online, and they are out of stock, how long will it take for apple to restock?
    3. If my mom and I both stand in line, can we both buy iPads? I understand that one person can't buy two iPads probably, but can she pay for mine if we both stand in line and get a number?

Thanks so much!

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

No reason that one person couldn't buy two, at a minimum. You both don't need to stand in line - unless you want the company.

3. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

The high end iPads are always the last to sell out, so you should be ok. I'm sure that if your mom gave you her card then you could pay for your own no problem.

How long it will take apple to re-stock once sold out, well it depends on how quickly they can make them.

4. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much! We definitely want to go together for the fun of it. I just didn't know how competitive the line was - maybe people would get angry if one person bought two.

5. 184550 Guest

I'd assume anywhere from one to three weeks. Though we won't really know til launch day how much demand there is. Could be longer.

6. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Longer than three weeks? Whew. That will definitely influence my decision. I can't imagine why it would take them so long. To sell out online by 6 pm opening day... they would be massively unprepared.