Two iPads and one spreadsheet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LGShepherd, Jul 12, 2012.

1. LGShepherd macrumors regular

Hi MR!

I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me with...

My mam and her friend teach people to play music, but they work together in their own company. They have one spreadsheet that gets updated after each lesson, when a new student joins or other admin tasks.

They both want to get an iPad and want a way of having one spreadsheet that they can both access, amend and save. The current method is updating the spreadsheet at emailing it to the other.

The first idea that I had was to have a joint Apple ID for the business which would be linked to their iPads and iCloud and this would allow them to access the same document via iCloud. The problem with this is that it when they want to log in using their own Apple ID to download apps etc then they will have to sign out and back in.

Another possible option would be to save the account in a dropbox account, access and amend via the iPad then it will accomplish what we need. Do you think that this would work?

Is there any other solutions?

Thanks in advance!

2. MacUser09 macrumors regular

Couldn't they use Windows Live and SkyDrive? I'm sure there are web versions of Word, Excel etc on there.

3. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

4. LGShepherd thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone!

I didn't know about SkyDrive, so that's a good tool to keep in mind. Every day is a school day!

I think that they want to stick to using Pages and Numbers for their work stuff, so Dropbox will probably be the best bet.

Thanks again!

5. frosse macrumors 6502a

Use a shared Google Docs spreadsheet? Both can update the document at the same time if they wish to. It's free and works great!

I'm a student and I use it all the time in projects and group assignments.