Two iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by steveing64, Feb 2, 2012.

1. steveing64 macrumors 6502

I currently have and iPad 64gb wifi 3g had since they came out good condition no damage or scrathches I have just won an ipad2 16gb wifi.

Want to sell one but not sure if the new iPad comes out in the next few months would like one so the question what is the best one to sell at the moment the iPad is still boxed and not been opened do i sell it or would i be better getting rid of the iPad 64 before the new model comes out I also have a Mac book pro 15inch late 2008 2.53 not really used part for wife browsing at night what to sell any help appreciated :confused:

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

If you're definitely getting a 3, sell the brand new one now while you can get close to retail for it. Otherwise, sell both & get a 64gb iPad 2.

4. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I'd give my wife one...just me though. It took her a couple of months watching me play with mine (iPad 1--18 months ago)...now we both have our own iPad 2's. Once you get one it's easy to personalize it...make it 'yours!'

We gave our bigger iPad 1 to our son (32gig).

Forget iPad 3. If you're used to the original. You'll be blown away by the performance increase...we could be 30 days or six months from the new model. You win it! Enjoy it! Unless, of course...there are bills to be paid or food to buy for the family

Jmvho

J

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

What's up with all the "give the wife a hand-me-down" suggestions? My wife would get pretty pissed if I was giving her last year's iPad while I picked up the latest model. I guess you all have more complacent spouses.

As for when the new iPads are being released -- much closer to 30 days than 6 months.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Lol, my wife would get more than pissed. Actually, she would just walk over and take the new (or better) one :)

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

My wife likes to get my hand me downs. She got my iPad 1 when I got the iPad 2. She been saying recently, when are you getting the iPad 3 so she can start using the iPad 2. You ask why? Maybe has to do with that new purse she got which cost more then my iPad :)

8. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

If you're going to quote me, don't assume I meant it one way or the other:rolleyes:

I, too, would give my wife the option...as I mentioned, we both have iPad 2s currently...as we are BOTH hooked!

The OP seems to be happy with his iPad 1...why not hand the new, free, just won iPad 2 to his bride?

Nothing to do with hand me downs. Not sure how you construed that from my post.

J

9. HERO XXL macrumors regular

I gave my 1st to my daughter--I'd feel funny giving one to my wife after buying a new one for myself--but then again, if she did it to ME, I KNOW that I'D be pissed, so I simply return the favor. She didn't see much sense in my purchase of the 2, and sees even LESS in my upcoming purchase of the three.
    (Which is fine! Less money I'll have to spend on another for her!)

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I say sell both while there's a demand. Then buy 2 iPad3...lol :cool:

11. elmo151 Guest

sell both and use the money for a "3"

unless there is a need for 2 of them