Two iPhone 4's on the way, safe to sell second?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeff_siler, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

During the pre-order fiasco I was able to place an order for an iPhone 4 16GB. A few hours later I received 2 confirmation emails with seperate order numbers. I checked my credit card and I was charged for two subsidized phones.

I'm considering putting the second up for sale on eBay. Is there anything I need to be careful about because I was charged a subsidized upgrade ($199)for both phones? Will a new line of service be added through AT&T or will they just charge me for a non qualified upgrade price for the second phone $699.

2. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

They'll probably see the duplicate and cancel one. I wouldn't bet on receiving two.

3. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

Well thats what I am afraid of, so I haven't cancelled it. I'll just wait and see. If both arrive, I'm not sure if I will send it back. I'm OK with being charged $699, as I hope to sell it for more.

4. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Funny... I just posted the same thing 2 seconds ago in another thread.

5. iqwertyi macrumors regular

...or if they don't see a second one activated in 30 days, probably charge you full price for it.

6. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, didn't see it. Mods can you merge?

7. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

They will either cancel or charge you full price. i doubt many (some might) will get away with a "free" iphone.

8. Baltika09 macrumors member

It will take a few days, I'm sure, but eventually this mess is going to get straightened out and when it does they are going to realize you weren't eligible for two phone upgrades and either cancel the order or come after you for the extra $$. You'd be highly foolish to go on the assumption you get the second phone free and clear, it might come back around and bite you in the a$$. If I were you, I'd contact AT&T about it. Yes it's the honest thing to do, not the most lucrative. However, AT&T is much better at taking peoples money and screwing them than they are at giving anything away cheaper or free. Just food for thought.

9. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I actually called AT&T to cancel one of my orders and they said since it is already in progress that it can't be canceled. Rep told me that I can return the phone once I receive it for a refund.