Two iphone 4s ordered for 1 number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatsmyaibo, Jun 16, 2010.

1. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

I tried posting this on the apple discussions but the pompous people on there haven't helped at all.

I am pretty upset at this whole situation. I tried to reserve an iphone all day yesterday with no results and now it shows them not shipping until July and no more pre orders. Also, the guy at my local Apple Store said that coming first thing in the morning of launch won't get me a phone since they won't have any at first come first serve basis, contrary to apple.com.

Question: I ended up ordering mine on the online store. I am eligible for an upgrade and my girlfriend isn't. I bought a 32GB on my account and got the discount. For giggles, I put my info in again to get her a 16GB and it gave me the discount again. Will I have problems activating both of them?

I don't plan on selling them or anything. I would like to keep both.

2. Fuizer macrumors member

Well if you ordered both phones on your line, I would say you might have a problem. Many other people did this through AT&T's website and now AT&T is canceling their orders because their systems show duplicate orders. I'm not sure exactly how Apple.com is handling this problem, however you might lose both pre-orders due to your double order.

3. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

IMO, you are just asking for trouble

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

Not to be a jerk but I hope you do lose both. You tried to buck the system and screwed someone else out of a phone, now YOU should be screwed out of one. Sorry. :(

5. thatsmyaibo thread starter macrumors regular

How so? I was going to order 2 anyways.

6. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Once you activate 1 phone, At&t will charge full price for the second one, even if you don't activate it.

7. thatsmyaibo thread starter macrumors regular

If that happens I'll be ok with it. I was going to buy it anyways. I am eligible for the full upgrade but I'm just bummed that after being with them for 10 years my girlfriend won't be eligible until next year simply because she bought a 3GS.

I worked at an Apple Store a while back and we would get people who came in and bought 5, all with new numbers, and then sell them in China or Israel. I hate how people like that get away with stuff but I can't legitimately get 2 phones that I want to use.