Two iPhone tripod adapters.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iCHiRS, Aug 9, 2010.

1. iCHiRS macrumors member

First off, sorry for the low rez pix. I used my iPhone 3G to take these.

Ok, so....the two tripod adapters I have here are the G Design "U" adapter and an un-named adapter I found on ebay. Both work with the iPhone 4 and will work with all previous iPhone generations.

The "U" adapter came without a tripod, but had two rubber inserts on the inside to work with the iPhone 4. Well, if you have the Zagg Invisible Shield (or possibly any other screen protector) front and back installed on the phone, it's a tight fit. So much that it started to peel up the shield. So I went to my local hardware store and picked up some 3mm felt pads to replace the rubber bumpers. These pads work perfectly.

The un-named adapter came with a small table tripod. As you can see from the pictures, the iPhone 4 works with this but has a lot of wiggle room. But that just means that you can use a case with this adapter. The lower arm extends via a "ratchet" system, where as the upper arm is spring loaded to securely hold the phone.

So far I'm liking both of these adapters. I'll be posting a more "in depth" video on YouTube showing these adapters. So I'll post that link once it's up...

Here are the links the adapters:

"U" adapter:
    http://www.iphone-tripodholder.com/

Un-named adapter:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIPOD-STAND-HO...ccessories&hash=item2a08f5e06c#ht_1395wt_1139

Attached Files:

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

3. iCHiRS thread starter macrumors member

Yup! You can unscrew the adapter from the mini tripod and attach it to another tripod :D

Not sure how much I'll use the mini tripod, but it's nice to have just in case...

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Hopefully mine comes in today. I have a great idea for a stop motion Rubik's cube solving video.