Two iphones and one ipod touch in the same computer. Library is a mess!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Psyxologos, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I have had a search but was unable to find anything relevant.

I own an ipod touch and just bought an iphone 3G for me and one for my wife. I am trying to have different music files in each of the three devices but I am failing miserably. It just shows me one library. I have 'assigned' different files to the three 'playlists' I created (one for each device) and chosen which playlists each device should synchronise with. Despite that, when I go to 'music' in the library it shows me everything. How can I categorise these music files to show me only the ones relevant to the device I have connected?

Please help, this drives me mad!

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I think when you set up the devices you created your problem. I have 3 iPhones, two shuffles, and and iPod Touch all on one computer. All of them have separate libraries. You might try restoring them and setting them up as new devices. Do not import the library, just set up a new one.

3. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I gave them different names, so they are set as different devices. Nevertheless, one library...

:confused::confused::confused::confused: