Two iPhones, Apps On One Mac: Syncing Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mojo1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

My wife will soon have her first iPhone.

All the apps that I have purchased are on my iMac. I want to be able to put some of my apps on her iPhone while also syncing her iPhone with her MBP so her calendar and contacts are synced.

Can this be done and, if so, how do I go about it?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Authorize her computer with your account. Then download the apps on her machine and sync.

3. Mojo1 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Raima macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if that works.

I just let my gf sync on my imac, I then add the apps to her iphone. When she updates my apps, she needs to enter in my account details and upon first update, it verifies credit card details for security.

Once it's all done, we both share each others apps.

What you can do then is to have your wife sync her iphone with her mbp. Once this is done, it will be hard to keep both iMac and mbp in sync to share new apps downloaded without having to do the above again.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

My wife and I do it without any problems. Apple let's you authorize up to six computers. My computer is authorized with my account and her's. Her computer is authorized with her account and mine. We download each others apps all the time. We do need to enter each others password to verify downloads though. It's a small inconvenience to not have to pay for apps twice.