Two iPhones better than one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bzollinger, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

So my company bought me a moto q for work a while back, and then this week they switched carriers to AT&T. Now I have to get a new smart phone (no blackberries or palm).

I've already got a iPhone 3G 8GB phone for personal use and I love it. But I'm leaning towards a Windows Mobile 6 device like the MOTO Q9, Blackjack II or maybe the Samsung Epix.

So what would you do? Get another iPhone and carry two around? Or pickup a window mobile based device that's a little thinner, smaller, and lighter?:confused:

2. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

id get a winmo device.

how would you know which iPhone is which?

3. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

I'd get a white one for work....

4. jbode macrumors member

If you like the iPhone get another one, you can always choose different cases to tell the phones apart.

5. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

That's what I'm tempted to do. Also I was thinking about selling my personal phone and cancelling the data plan, but then I've got fees and stuff.

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'm not saying this is the right choice for you but if it was me I would probably get another iPhone, just because I love it so much and i am so used to it that I can barely deal with any other phones. I actually get tired when texting on phones with physical keyboards. :D

Now seriously, check out your other options. Maybe there are other phones that have features or options the iPhone has not and that you would like to have. If you can find a phone that can complement the iPhone get that one. If not, just get another iPhone.

7. tnisatard macrumors 6502

it would be a dream for me to own a blackberry bold and iphone 3g at the same time!

but if i were you id sell your iphone to save money, or if you want get the bold with your current iphone, then have your work get you an iphone

its going to be a hassle though if you are willing to deal with it

8. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

That's an idea! It would be pretty cool to have a crackberry and an iphone. I wonder what kind of "upgrade" AT&T could do for me to get a blackberry?

Would be a hassle though, but thanks for the suggestion.

9. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Why is it that you can't get a blackberry for work?? They seem to be the best for business users. If not, i would get a second iPhone, the way it can manage contacts and everything is just wonderful.

10. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

sarcasm doesnt come across well in text.
    but the Bold iphone idea its pretty good actually id go with that.

11. tnisatard macrumors 6502

no problem!

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I have 2 iPhones and an iPod touch. I can't give them up!

(posted from my iPod touch) ;)

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Carry 2 full-sized smartphones? What are the people around here smoking?

You'll always have your iPhone with you too, right? So what will the work-phone be for? Just phone calls and e-mail, right?

I don't know what to get, but get the smallest phone you can that does e-mail. My sister has some tiny Blackberry, and I think that's even too much as it has a camera. You don't need it.

Anything you do related to web-browsing, GPS, camera, youtube, or whatever, you'll be doing on your iPhone, right? So just get the bare minimum for the other one. Why carry extra weight on a work-phone to get features you'll never use?

14. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I would go for two iPhones,..going with one black and one white iPhone should allow you to tell the difference between the two, as well as setting the wallpapers up differently.

Imagine having two iphone docks with two iPhones plugged into your Mac...to go along with your plethora of iPods :apple:;):D

Also I recommend for a Bluetooth headset, a Jabra BT8010. I use the Jabra BT8010, and this bluetooth headset allows you to pair with two phones at once.

15. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

We don't support blackberry's at work. No blackberry server and no IMAP/POP3 access to email.

16. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Aha! I gotcha.

If my account qualified for an upgrade I might pursue it, but a blackberry would cost me too much $$$.

17. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

I hear this! Right now the moto q isn't too bad to carry in a different pocket than the iPhone, but it can still be a pain. Two iPhones would be too much.

I looked over all the smartphones available and they either suck or are iPhone clones that suck worse. Nothing is really small or light, some are thin but the screen has to be a little bigger than is comparable to a regular phone.

So if get the second iPhone, I'll forward my personal number to my work iPhone and then turn it off until quitting time. That way I'm not using mine during working hours, and I'm only carrying one iPhone at a time.

But I'm not decided yet, I might do a trial on the moto Q global or the samsung Epix.

18. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

What you do you guys know about swapping SIM cards?

What if I got a new 16GB iPhone "for work" then switched the sim cards so that my work number rings on my 8GB phone and I use it for work then I'm free to cruise w/ the new 16GB'r as my personal phone?

Will that work? Not sure that I'd do it or not, but I was curious.

BZ

19. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I like two of everything :D So does she :eek:

Attached Files:

20. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

21. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Get another iphone and use two leather hip cases with a bluetooth headset and youll be the king douche. :rolleyes:

22. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

It's funny because it's true.

To the OP, I think you should get another iPhone. You know the interface, you know that you like it, why go a different direction? I think if you know that you'll be happy with an iPhone, you should stick with what works for you. Good luck!:)

23. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

is there a reason you can't use the personal one FOR work? (just add ms exchange settings in and other stuff in)

in my opinion, i would just use the iphone u have now for work and reduce the confusion! (with 2 iphones, you might forget which phone had which music/contacts/other data even with 2 dif colors)

24. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Close! But to be king douche I'd need to get two bluetooth headsets!:D

25. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

I thought about that long and hard, but I would be fielding hundreds of emails a week (sometimes a day), and getting phone calls from all over the US at all times of the day, while I'm not at work. So I'd like to keep 'em separate so I can turn one off.

Just got the Moto Q global today, I've got 30 days to try it out. So far it's better than the original Q but it's not an iPhone in many ways.:apple: