Two iPhones, buth synced but with different contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lexicaller, Feb 13, 2015.

1. lexicaller macrumors newbie

Hello all, I already posted this question at AskDifferent, and I hoping for more luck here.

I have two iPhones and I would like to have them nicely synced calendar and task, but to keep different contacts. One is an office phone and I would like not to have my private numbers etc. Currently, on my old phone I have mail + contacts synced with Google, and Calendars, Reminders on iCloud, same as on my MacBook Air.

All advices are more than welcomed!

Thanks PM

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

You can individually turn on/off each of these functions, on each of your devices, for both iCloud and Google, so it shouldn't be hard at all. (What may be a bit harder is separating personal from business contacts if they're currently all on the same account - that's a separate topic).

For example, if your "old" iPhone will be your personal, and the new iPhone is for the office, then use iCloud contacts for office use, and Google contacts for personal. The old phone would have iCloud Contacts turned off, and Gmail Contacts turned on. The office phone would have iCloud Contacts turned on, and Gmail Contacts turned off.

Once you do that, make sure that the correct account is selected as the Contacts default in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars (Gmail for the phone that's using Google contacts, iCloud for the one that's using iCloud).