Two iPhones from Preorder: Can I sell one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueBliss, Oct 14, 2011.

1. BlueBliss macrumors newbie

Simple and quick question; I preordered a 64GB white 4S. By mistake, they duplicated my order and sent me two 4Ss. I was charged for both (~$470.00 each).

Can I sell one of these phones? It seems like it should be doable, but I'd hate to do it and have an issue come up, either on my side from ATT, or for the buyer of the 2nd phone.

What're your thoughts? Are the phones connected to my account before activation?

Thanks,

G

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I don't see why not, you paid for it.

Wait till Apple sells out, then sell it for a premium. :D

EDIT: WAIT! If it's subsidized, you better call them and return it.

3. YoungLew macrumors regular

Hmmmm, since its a subsidised price they may come looking.

If it was full price they probably wouldn't care.

4. BlueBliss thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I'm worried about. Then again, the rep on the phone apologized for the double orders and said "If you want, you can send one back and get a full refund within 30 days."

Just wondering what would happen if I kept it / sold it.

5. YoungLew macrumors regular

Does that mean you technically have two contracts? or is it one contract and two subsidised phones?

6. BlueBliss thread starter macrumors newbie

No clue; I can't check my account status details online, but it seems like I still have only one contract. I'd call and ask, but that would probably raise a red flag on their end.

"Oh, HI. I wanted to eBay one of the phones you mistakenly sent me....oops."

7. tikitommy macrumors regular

I ordered two. First on ATT which subsquently confirmed and unconfirmed my order 3 times each. I ordered one through Apple after ATT unconfirmed the 1st time. Now both phones were delivered. Will be returning one. Not sure which one, unless I can tell one charged me the unsubsidized price.

8. BlueBliss thread starter macrumors newbie

So now, can AT&T actually tell if I sell this phone to someone else (and they activate it)? These phones are linked to our accounts (i'm assuming this)...