Two iphones in Anchorage, nothing charged to credit card(s)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomahawk0, Jun 21, 2010.

1. thomahawk0 macrumors member

My searches of the forums didn't find anything similar, so I was wondering if anyone has their Iphone4 on the way, but hasn't seen a charge on their credit card? My wife and I both ordered 32gb models via apple on june 15th, both received confirmation showing the correct credit cards, but neither has seen any charges to date.

Checking the tracking number on the apple shipment notification on FedEx reveals both iphones are in Anchorage and with a delivery date of the 23rd by 10:30am (which I realize apple will hold them until the 24th). Do you think our credit card info got messed up in the server implosions or just a delay in charging? Both credit cards were verified multiple times before hitting the magical "submit" button. Can they still cancel my order while it is still enroute?

While two free iphones would be excellent, I'd rather them not cancel the orders the day before delivery...

2. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The preauthorizations probably "fell off" your credit card, but rest assured the charges will show up. This happened to my credit card last year, and it happened again this year. The charge just finally appeared in my account detail a couple of hours ago.

4. thomahawk0 thread starter macrumors member

OK, so mine just got charged overnight a few hours ago. Thanks for the replies!!!

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Wishful thinking Apple won't charge you. You will see the charge. Do not worry. They have to charge before the system will even print a shipping label.