Two iPhones on ONE Apple computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Advance The Man, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Will be purchasing two 3G iPhones this week.

Will want both to synch some or all of songs/books/videos/podcasts, etc. from iTunes. I know this will work, b/c currently have two iPod nano's sharing this. But, how can two iPhones share iPhoto, iCal and anything else?

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

The same way that you do on your iPods, you go in and choose which items you want to sync to the different phones. In iCal you want calendar 1 and 4 to sync to one phone and calendar 3 to sync to the other you just set it up that way.

3. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Thanks. I have never used iCal (using Palm Desktop), so I didn't know that. What about contacts? When you synch the iPhone to Apple computer, does iTunes have the contacts in it? Can I synch different contact lists to each iPhone?

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Oh yeah, no problem with the contacts either, I've got a few different contact list that I sync (business, friends, etc) and I sync those instead of the entire Address Book.

You can set up the different iPhones to sync completely different stuff.

5. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

So where are contacts located on the Apple? in iTunes, in Mail? Thanks

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

7. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Export Palm addresses in vCard format. These can then be imported into Apple Address Book.