Two iPhones, One iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyiBill, Feb 23, 2015.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

I currently have a 6 Plus, I plan on getting a 6 in the near future to try out the smaller size but would like to add it as a second phone with its own service. Now during the summer I like to have a life proof case on my phone as Im always by the pool or the beach or doing other outdoor activities. But I don't like the life proof case any other time cause of its size. Now if I were to sign in with the same apple id account on two iPhones would they be able to work in unison? Example my "real" number is associated with my 6+ but if Im at the beach with my 6 in its life proof case and left my 6+ at home and a message gets sent to my real number will it also be sent to my 6? Would there be a way to do that with phone calls as well like how my iPad rings when my phone rings?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

For phone calls, not really, but perhaps with call forwarding setup, it can.

For iMessage and any other iCloud services, yes.

My 6 and 6+ ping together whenever an iMessage comes in. Just set both phones to use the same addresses.

3. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, iMessage was the most important anyway as all my friends/family have iPhones, I could always just call them if needed but messages should suffice for the short time Id need them to.

4. klo6 macrumors member

klo6

Yes, iMessage can work on both. We are not allowed to have our phones out at work but we can have tablets (no it doesn't make any sense, but that's their rule). So I have my messages go to both my iPhone and iPad so I can still text while I'm at work.

Shhh...don't tell my boss ;)

5. McScooby macrumors 6502

FaceTime audio / iMessage will go to any idevice/computer that has apple id signed in, but i suspect the pad at home might be the continuity thing as on same wifi.

6. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Right I forgot about continuity, seems Ill be able to do most of what I want to do so I should be good to go then.