Two iPhones one iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jutte64, Jun 9, 2010.

1. jutte64 macrumors regular

so i have a 3g and i am getting the new iphone when it comes out. i want to keep my current iphone just as a ipod touch basically. i just wanna keep the tomtom app on it and music and keep it in my truck. can i sync both of the phones thru my itunes and share the apps back an fourth and will i be able to keep upadating the apps on my 3g even though it not longer has service?

thank you.

2. prss14 macrumors regular

prss14

You can sync as many iDevices as you want with iTunes. At&T will deactivate the old 3g sim card and you just proceed as usual. I would turn off the 3g chip though to help your battery. My wife and I have both of our iPhones synced with the same iTunes account. Much easier to share apps and music than seperately. So, you don't have to do anything. When you first set up the new one set it up as a new one just like anything else.

3. jutte64 thread starter macrumors regular

4. wateron macrumors regular

Currently have a Touch with 1 itunes account. Going to get 2 new iphones. My question is can I sync all 3 to the same itunes account but put different apps on different devices or can I only sync the same info/apps to all devices

5. Mezzo43 macrumors member

Mezzo43

Yes. I have the first iPhone that I use as an iTouch plus my 3GS phone and my spouses's 3G phone. We sync all 3 devices to one iTunes account. When you plug in one of your iPhones, you'll be able to specify which apps you want on it - each phone can have different apps (turn them on or off).

6. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

ugh...the name of this thread just makes me think of 2 girls 1 cup....

7. dyates0801 macrumors member

ROFL!!!!:D

8. DIABLOW macrumors member

I use 1 3G iPhone, 1 3GS iPhone, 1 2G iPod and 1 3G iPod with 1 iTunes account with no problum.

9. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

A question I have always wondered about. Thanks all.

I am thinking that when I get my iPhone 4 I might keep my 3G and use it as a business handset. I am in the process of setting up my own business and will soon need a separate business line (probably PAYG for now).