Two iPhones One Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Vel, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Vel macrumors member

Hi All,

I am just wondering if it will be possible to sync two iPhones to one :apple:Watch.

My current phone is an iPhone 6 and my employer is planning to replace their stock of BBs with iPhone 6's as well, so it would be nice to have both devices link to one watch.

Thanks,

Vel

2. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

From what we know so far, the watch gets paired to one phone at a time... and un-pairing it apparently causes the watch to erase itself, according to one reviewer.

3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

It would be but with how bluetooth works it only syncs to one device. There are devices that allow it to sync to two or multiple devices but there's a button to switch it. You can't in this case. Maybe with a software update it can in the future.

4. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I wonder how it would work with two watches and one phone. I'd like to have a second one depending on how long it takes to charge.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I was wondering the same thing. My personal iPhone is a 6 and my work is a 5S. Soon I'll be replacing the 5S with a 6.

6. Jonmurgie macrumors member

I asked this specific question in the :apple: store on Saturday - official word is you can only sync ONE watch at a time. You could keep syncing from one to the other but for now it's just one watch at a time. Who knows if that will change in the future though...

7. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

The new viral video sensation! Can't wait to see the reaction videos.

8. SteveLV702 macrumors 6502

SteveLV702

you probably just have to get two Watches one for left wrist and one for right wrist. Or guess could put both on left wrist choice is up to you :)