Two iPhones ordered for same number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boauld, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Boauld macrumors newbie

I did an oops! I order two phones for my wife and me but I put her number twice. What happens when the phone get to me, will I be able to still install on my number?

2. orange42 macrumors 6502a

3. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I did that last year too, one got cancelled before they were shipped out... you get an e-mail saying "there was a problem and your order cant be processed, blah blah".

4. Boauld thread starter macrumors newbie

I've call apple(longest wait of my life) they said it was ATT ......AT&T said it's Apple. They said both orders will ship

5. Wheezie macrumors member

I had 2 oders through apple for one phone number. I don't know what they will do.

6. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

AT&T will cancel one if you ordered through them.

If it was Apple then I don't know. It may go through.

And yes, if you get both, you can activate one for her and one for you.

7. Boauld thread starter macrumors newbie

So I should have no problem just activating it with my number? Nothing should I take the two phones to apple and have them set it up so I don't mess up the phones

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

you are better off to find somebody out of contract to sell it too. Apple will hit you with a restocking fee. I went though that last year. 1st I ordered a white one then ordered a black. I figured I could cancel the other (no dice) then I found out about the restocking fee. The white one was never opened. because I ordered one from AT&T one from Apple. this year I am waiting for white even if it's the end of summer.

9. KDR macrumors regular

I would be surprised if you get both since they both need to be set up for the same number before they ship. I would expect AT&T and Apple to be all over this especially considering the short supply at launch.

10. Boauld thread starter macrumors newbie

I order from apple and they said both will ship, I want to keep the other one for my phone and one for hers...I'm gonna but the other two I have revered at apple and sell on eBay