Two iphones, two sets of contacts, 1 itunes account - help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgerman, Aug 11, 2008.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

I have a 3G with all my contacts synced from itunes from my windows contacts - sorted.

I have just bought the missus a 2G iphone JB (1.1.4) and she has all her contacts on her vodafone sim. How can I transfer all her contacts without messing mine up? Can I do it direct from her sim when only on JB 1.1.4 (need to keep it unlocked).

Cheers

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Settings>Phone>Contacts>Import Contacts from SIM.

When you sync again, her contacts will then be added to your collective contacts.

If you want to break them up, create different contact lists in Outlook or Address Book put the people you want in each list, then set iTunes to sync only the list you want with the phone you want it.

TEG

3. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you do that on 1.1.4?

Just tried setting 2 new contacts groups on windows contacts (Vista) and then when I select sync contacts on itunes it only gives the option to sync all from windows contacts rather than any sub groups.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes, you can import your contacts from a SIM in 1.1.4.

I think you may only be able to have seperate contacts with Outlook or Apple Address Book.

One solution would be to see if on your phone you can see each list. Then just select that list and when you close the Phone Contacts, that one should remain the one you bring up in the future.

TEG

5. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, your correct - just done this and its sorted - cheer pal!