two iphones two sets of contacts.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by devo76, Mar 29, 2011.

1. devo76 macrumors newbie

Hi all.

Quick question

my old 3g iphone died a few weeks back and i lost everything on it. I used this as an excuse to by a new iphone 4. I also bought my wife one.

At the moment i am having a couple of issues.

1# When i go to sync it works fine ( contacts ,Apps)up until about 150 or so songs in and i get a notice saying it has encountered a problem and must close. This happens for both phones.What is the issue ?

2#How do i Sync different contacts for myself and my wife? We are happy to share apps and songs. just need different contacts.

3# When i sync my phone for the first time i got all my contacts back which was great. Where on the computer where these contacts stored ???. I cant find where.

4# I started a new plan with this phone and while it looks like all my settings crossed over( mail etc). At the moment i cant connect to the net. Am i missing something?

sorry for the beginner questions.

Cheers

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If your phone is not full, it sounds like a corrupted file. If the sync is failing on songs, try syncing a few at a time, until you find the culprit.

If you are syncing the contacts to your address book, on your computer, you will have to divide them into groups, then select the appropriate group in iTunes to sync to the phone.

They are stored in your address book. There is a selection in iTunes that tells iTunes where to store them.
    You are being a little vague here...What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to access the internet to check your mail? Are you just trying to use Safari? How are you trying to connect? What isn't working?

3. devo76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.
    The phone is new so plenty of room. Also it appears to freeze at different songs. I will try to load them on bit by bit.

Where do i find my address book ? The locations i have found so far only have my email contacts. not phone contacts. I cant seem to locate them.

Internet connection is all good now. Both email and safari work fine. Must have been a delay after initial start up.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

The address book on your computer will have the contacts. There is no such thing as phone contacts, and address contacts. You only have contacts, and they contain address, phone numbers, and email addresses.