Two iPhones want to switch SIM cards question for Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Farrellcollie, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I have an iphone 6 and my partner has the 6+ - we both activated them and have two year contracts - she now wants to try the iphone 6 and I would like us to be able to switch without verizon getting all weird about activation fees and contracts. Is it possible for us to just switch sim cards to keep our plan and phone numbers but each of us on the opposite phone?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yup just switch sim cards as you please, however the phones will still have eachothers original log in info and apps installed. you will probably have to log out and back into icloud and app store.

4. trevgriff macrumors member

Back up both then after both are backed up swap the sims then perform a restore to the swapped phones.

5. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

You shouldn't have to back up the phone, just swap out the sims and it should work.

6. maliu macrumors 6502a

7. trevgriff macrumors member

the phones will work but they'll still need to restore their apps, emails etc if they want the phones to have the own data transferred. I don't believe swapping sims does all of that.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

That is correct, I was assuming they both didn't have any data set up or wanted to just try it without doing the restore option. Just to get it working, you won't need to restore, but if they want all their iPhone data, it should be a given that they need to backup and restore to the other phone.

9. Farrellcollie thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. And yes it was just to see if the 6 would fit her needs better for a few days. It was not a permanent switch.