Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
I have a 6s and a 5s but one SIM card. I'd like to use both phones with the same phone number. I don't mean at the same time but I want to set up each phone as identically as possible and then swap the SIM card between the phones.

I can already have my photos/email/contacts etc.. sync via iCloud or google apps. However I am more concerned about the imessage/text message forwarding/facetime working with two phones with the same "phone number".

Anyone have experience swapping the SIM between two phones and making sure things like iMessage and text forwarding work properly?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Anyone have experience swapping the SIM between two phones and making sure things like iMessage and text forwarding work properly?

I've done it years ago with several old fashioned flip phones, but not sure I would attempt it with an iPhone. I've seen problems occur with a 5c I owned trying to upgrade to a 6+. Of course much of the problem was my own fault for trying to get "cute" with iTunes. But anyway, you can always give it a shot and report the results back here.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.