Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominion155

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Hey guys I have a dilemma here,

I pre ordered the iphone 5, and then when I saw how long it would take to arrive I called and canceled my order and went looking for them in stores. A couple days later I noticed that my upgrade and refund reversed, but the iphone was still processing so I called ATT and inquired about it.
The att rep transferred me to a manager and when I told the manager about the situation he told me that he would try all he could to stop the iphone from being shipped, and that my upgrade and money had been refunded. He told me that if the phone does ship to me that I am welcome to keep it for free and told me that it would be a 1 in a million chance it would happen.
Well I went bought an iphone at an apple store and love it, but today I noticed an email that said the ATT iphone shipped and would arrive tomorrow, what I am worried about is that the ATT manager said if it came I could keep it for free, but I have heard of many people having to pay full price when that happens, having other lines opened ect....

I will probably just return it to be safe, but I want to make sure that I cant keep it for free (even though the manager said I could)...

NOTE: I would not sell it on ebay, I would return the one I bought from apple and use the ATT one.

Thanks guys

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Just refuse delivery when it comes. It gets shipped back to AT&T and they will refund any money they charge you for it, since you never accepted it.

dominion155

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Just refuse delivery when it comes. It gets shipped back to AT&T and they will refund any money they charge you for it, since you never accepted it.

Im gonna be away on business when it arrives( i leave tomorrow morning). Will it matter if I wait to ship it back on friday-saturday?

I also was never charged for the 2nd iphone.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Im gonna be away on business when it arrives( i leave tomorrow morning). Will it matter if I wait to ship it back on friday-saturday?

I also was never charged for the 2nd iphone.

You may get charged soon, since it has shipped.

I believe you have 30 days to return it.

cello2456

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Hey guys I have a dilemma here,

I pre ordered the iphone 5, and then when I saw how long it would take to arrive I called and canceled my order and went looking for them in stores. A couple days later I noticed that my upgrade and refund reversed, but the iphone was still processing so I called ATT and inquired about it.
The att rep transferred me to a manager and when I told the manager about the situation he told me that he would try all he could to stop the iphone from being shipped, and that my upgrade and money had been refunded. He told me that if the phone does ship to me that I am welcome to keep it for free and told me that it would be a 1 in a million chance it would happen.
Well I went bought an iphone at an apple store and love it, but today I noticed an email that said the ATT iphone shipped and would arrive tomorrow, what I am worried about is that the ATT manager said if it came I could keep it for free, but I have heard of many people having to pay full price when that happens, having other lines opened ect....

I will probably just return it to be safe, but I want to make sure that I cant keep it for free (even though the manager said I could)...

NOTE: I would not sell it on ebay, I would return the one I bought from apple and use the ATT one.

Thanks guys

Of course you CAN NOT keep it for free! That is called stealing! And I seriously doubt that the manager meant for you to take him at his word and keep a $700 for free! I am in the same boat with a cancelled phone having shipped, and you can bet that I will be taking care of the situation in an honest and ethical manner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.