Two iPods, New Computer...help!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mlw1235, Aug 11, 2007.

1. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

So my family just recently got a new iMac and I'm having some problems getting all the music straightened out.

We have two iPods that need to get their music off of the iPod, onto the new computer....long story...they are the only copies of the music we have due to past tech difficulties.

I have no problem getting all the music off of the iPod and onto the computer, but many of the songs are the same. Is there any program/script out there that can compare the two folders of music, take each unique song between the two of them and add them into iTunes without duplicates and all that?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, after you've added the tracks you can use iTunes' own Show Duplicates feature from the View menu to weed them out manually. :)

3. mlw1235 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm trying again tonight...hopefully this will work better.

Thanks guys/girls!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So did y'all find a script for it? If it's automated, it'd be a lot easier. :)

5. mlw1235 thread starter macrumors 6502

I ended up just going through one of the iPods, pulling everything that I was sure wasn't in the other and doing that first using Senuti. Then I used it for the entire second one.