Two iPods, One Computer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by stockcerts, Sep 11, 2007.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm sure there is a simple solution, but my sister has two Ipods and one Itunes. She has already downloaded new songs for one of her kids that just got an Ipod and when she went to sync it she got a msg that this new Ipod isn't recognized. I'm thinking she should not have bought new songs for her newest Ipod and co-mingled them with the existing songs.

What is the proper way to use two Ipods with a single Itunes environment? Thanks!!

2. infectbda macrumors member

You should be able to use the same library on as many iPods as you choose. iTunes is built to manage the settings of each iPod independently.

3. boofa macrumors newbie

Many Ipods on Home network

Hi

Wehave 5 different ipods on my home network. The playlist for each shows up in itunes. Is there a way to copy music from one playlist belonging to one kid to the playlist of another one of the kids :D

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

just drag the playlist, single track, or whole album into the 'other' kid's iPod, or playlist that the iPod is synced with. iTunes is really user friendly so you can do just about any dragging to anywhere and it should do what it looks like it should do. The purchases of who/for what really don't matter in itunes.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Was the iPod synced first on another PC/Mac? (you need to stick with one machine or switch to manual management).
    Did she upgrade to the appropriate version of iTunes for the new iPod? (The new iPods require 7.4).

inquiring minds want to know.

I have 5 unique iPods synced to my library and it works just fine, including purchased iTS tracks.

B